Sunday, February 5, 2012

Update!

Heck yeah! Progress is being made!

My badass MOH sister got down to the venue that I wanted to see. Not only did she take pictures and measurements of EVERYTHING like I asked, but she also went ahead and got the paperwork and some other details I hadn't even thought of! She's even going to make the reservation. I'm so glad I picked her for MOH. She's always been good at getting shit done. Plus she has years of experience putting up with me, lol. Though of all the things we could forget, we forgot to get measurements of the room! Its an easy fix, though. I'm going to call them up and ask. 

Now that I have a good idea of what the place looks like, its time to assemble my crack team of bridesmaids and start talking color schemes. 

These are the venue's colors we'll have to work with.

Fortunately, Will's favorite colors are gray and blue. Gray is already in the scheme, and a nice navy blue is easy to work in to it. I'm thinking of some colors that can be easily found in most of the needed supplies, but will still be suitable and lovely together.

I know that I really want to have a deep purple in the scheme, also. It would look rich without being overpowering when combined with the blue and/or the gray. I could go on and on and on....but I'll save the artistic color chatter for my talented bridesmaids.

 One of my BM's pointed out how wonderful the light blue looked with the cream color and it made me just love this one even more!
it would be the lesser accent color of the two.

I really enjoy that green with the purple. It would be the lesser accent color of the two.

Those are the schemes I have in mind so far. I had an awesome, autumntastic one with a beautiful terra cotta orange along with the green....but I want that purple so bad that I just can't use it. I really hate purple and orange together. 

I believe I've settled on the 'My beloved monster and me' theme. What threw me onto that side of the fence was the idea of making the cake toppers a monster version of Will and I. Too damn cute! I'll definitely be involving some elements from the 'crafty' theme, though. While the paper covered table idea would probably look bad if I did it with every table, I think that if I have a kids table, they would friggin' love it. Plus the yarn poofs would be great if I stuck little eyes on them to suit the theme. I'm definitely going to keep the soda bar idea too.

Soda bar reminds me, I'm not sure how good of an idea it is, but I think I'll make the reception a BYOB kind of thing. Will and I are on a thread thin budget and I don't think everybody attending will be wanting to drink. Plus, if people bring their own alcohol for themselves, they won't accidentally get too drunk. What I'm afraid of is, what if people drink and don't have a designated driver or an alternative way to get home without driving themself? Do I give them the numbers and rates for area taxis? If they've come from a far way, a taxi could be expensive and they'd have to come back to get their car somehow....is this even my issue if they know ahead of time that I won't let them drive if they had anything to drink? Hmm...I guess I'll talk it over with some of my family and friends.

I'm going to be working on the invites today. I found  a good, inexpensive website that lets me make highly customized stuff. Drawing up the invite design is my goal for today along with making a final decision on the color scheme so I can use it in said design.

Thats all for now, hooligans. I'll leave you with this cute little doodle of some random little monsters. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment